Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Waiting for Rain

I made up my mind that I wanted to take pictures in the rain and while we were waiting, we took pictures along the Bike trail. There are a couple of really neat wooden bridges and I had Rachel model on them. I only had to crop and adjust the lighting in this photo.



Right as we got to the bark river, it started pouring and the pictures turned out nicely. I played with the overlay technique on this picture. I had a photo of a blue sky and perfect reflection of the clouds in the lake so I copied and pasted the reflection and overlayed it on this picture. I pasted it again, rotated it and made it a mirror image of the bottom half. I like the way the reflection in the river is not gray as would be expected during a storm.
I took the picture of Rachel dancing in the rain and overlayed a picture of a purple thistle from earlier in the day. I really like how the flower frames her and enhances the colors. I clone-stamped out a car and road signs from the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment