Friday, May 14, 2010

Blue


Blue is my favorite color, so naturally, I chose to use blue for one of my color images. Blue represents youth and empasizes quiet moods and contemplation. The two feelings are rather contrasting because children are typically energetic and loud. However, I tried to capture both the youthful and calm feelings in this photograph by taking a picture of a quiet playground. In photoshope, I applied a Gaussian Blur Overlay to enhance the colors. To blur the background and to make the monkey bars stand out more, I flattened the image and then applied a Gaussian Blur to the whole image and erased the blue monkey bars. Lastly, I used the Hue Paint Brush to tone down the orange color in the shorter set of monkey bars to make sure the colors weren't competing.

No comments:

Post a Comment