Friday, May 21, 2010

Portraits- Back Light (Silhouette)

To take the silhouettes, I turned the exposure down on my camera so that most of the detail was lost in the model. I took pictures of her posing and jumping but this one is definitly a combination of them both. She was either about to jump or just coming back down. The arch in her back and the poof in her skirt make her look like a ballerina. I worked on this photo a lot in photoshop because, originally, the picture was tilted with the horizon line running between the corners. I tilted the whole picture until the horizon line was straight, and then cropped a rectangle into it. The corners where then white so I used the Clone Stamp to bring the images out to the edges. I then applied a Gaussian Blur Overlay with an Opacity around 20%.

2 comments:

  1. The pose of the model and the sunset in the background turned out really cool. I like how her body is so dark and just stands out, while the sun in the background lights up around her body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is amazing! I love the sunset in the background and the way the dancer is posed makes it all calm and peaceful looking.SLS

    ReplyDelete